These reports are intended to meet the needs of companies in the consumer electronics, mobile and computing industries that must understand the dynamics and opportunities that are being presented by convergence.
As you can see, there are a broad array of markets & device types that are evolving into converged devices. In addition to those shown there are also central hub devices such as routers and media servers that facilitate communication between the various devices. In some cases, device categories are starting to disappear as functionality is added to other device types. One example of this would be portable navigation devices, which are starting to lose ground in the market to GPS-enabled smartphones. In other cases, the lines between categories are growing increasingly blurred - digital picture frames with TV receivers are an excellent example.
This rapid evolution of consumer device product categories, as well as the increasingly short product development cycle, has made it difficult for companies to develop convergence strategies without having the big picture data on which to base their decisions.
IMS Research is uniquely positioned to provide this big picture view of converged consumer devices. Not only do we produce high quality market research reports that cover each of the discrete end-equipment markets in question, we are also known worldwide for providing market intelligence that addresses the underlying “foundation technologies” which are helping to drive convergence forward. These markets include the semiconductor and electronic component markets, as well as power, connectivity, displays, and security. This means that we can provide a holistic view on how the various devices categories are changing at present, as well as providing valuable input on how the markets related to converged devices will evolve over the next few years.
- Convergence Research Portfolio
- Convergence in Home Entertainment – World - 2010
- Convergence in Portable CE - World – 2009
- Evolution of Smartphones - World - 2010
- E-book Readers - World – 2010
- Connected Tablets - World - 2010
- E-book & iPad Shipment & Forecast Intelligence Service - 2010
- Notebook & Netbook PCs - World - 2010
- Digital Picture Frames - World - 2010
- Emerging Ultra-Mobile Device Markets: Netbooks, MIDs and UMPCs - World -2009
- Portable Media Players: Ecosystem, Services & Competing Products - World - 2010
- Audio, Infotainment & Driver Info. Systems (In Car) - World - 2010
- TV, Video and Display Technologies (In Car) - World - 2011
- Smart Home - World - 2010
- Smart Home Consumer Survey – 2010
- Home Networks & Residential Gateways - World - 2010
- Internet Radio - World - 2010
- Internet Video To The TV - World - 2010
- Secure DLNA Video - World - 2010
- Telehealth - A Short & Long Term Analysis - World - 2011
- Indoor & Hybrid Location Technologies - World - 2010
- Smart Home Appliances - World - 2010